Tell us about the time you...

1 reply [Last post]
assr
assr's picture
User offline. Last seen 10 hours 30 min ago. Offline

If you've never had a studio disaster you can't have spent much time in the studio. They just happen.

We're looking at giving an award at year's end to the poster of the best disaster story on this forum. C'mon, we all need a good laugh at someone else's expense. Alan reveals several of his red-faced moments in this Section so let's hear yours.

mic
mic's picture
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
string

my little disaster story: as you know I´m working as a piano tuner. In the late nineties I had to tune a concert grand in a studio called digital-masters. the owner was a friend who recorded his beautiful old "Bluethner" that I tuned many times before, but this time he wanted a higher pitch.
o.k., customer is king...so I started tuning towards 442 which is a quite risky pitch for an original stringed vintage grand. working at the transition range mid to bass the door opened and almost in the same moment a copper wounded bass string exploded with a loud bang and was catapulted direct in front of my surprised friend. but he laughed and said: "hey, you almost shot me a belly button piercing".
it was enough time to replace the string and the lesson and new philosophy since then was not to do always what a client wants ; )

stay tuned!
mic